Tuesday, February 18, 2014

2014 Valentine's Day Looks

After being snowed in Wednesday, Thursday, and most of Friday last week, Valentine's day was a great excuse to get out of the house! So two dinner dates it was this past weekend to celebrate both: getting out of the house and our first Valentine's together as a married couple (our 9th total!).

I thought I would share both outfits I put together for these Valentine's day dates. No, they are not following the rules of the Closet Remix Challenge, but hey a girl has to break some rules every now and then!

Valentine's Date Night 1: Red Leopard

 
 



 
Dress: {JC Penney, similar} Blazer: {Catos Fashions, old} Tassel Necklace: {store in Spain}


 
Booties: {Kohls} Bracelets: {Bijoux Boutique}
 
 
Valentine's Date Night Two: Turquoise & Bows
 

 
Dress: {H&M} Sweater: {NY&CO, old} Necklace: {old, can't remember}


 
Heels: {gosh my memory is terrible} Bracelets: {Bijoux Boutique}
 
 
Both of these looks are very different. One incorporates the traditional Valentine's day color while the other is feminine and flirty without being too literal. I love pairing leopard with just about anything and I think it goes great with red for a date night.
 
The bow dress from H&M is very popular and I actually found it on sale for $10 (see link above, it is on sale now for $15) when we were on our honeymoon in Spain. I haven't worn it yet because its fit is a little off. It's very baggy in the waist, so a sweater is needed to create a waistline. But I just can't pass up the bows and zipper back details.
 
What did you wear for Valentine's? What were your plans? Let me know in the comments below!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10