Monday, February 24, 2014

Closet Remix Challenge 2014: Week 3

3/4 of the way there!

So far, I have found this challenge to be helpful in the mornings as I already have my outfit planned for the day. When I set out to start this challenge, I picked basics that I knew would be versatile (cream vest, fur vest, chambray top, black blazer, jeans, etc.) and a few pieces to throw in some color (red jeggings, camo jeans, purple sweater, leopard flats). I then went through and created as many outfits in my head as possible, planned them for each day according to what was on my schedule, and hoped for the best.

This week was the first time I hit a snag in that plan and the snag's name was STREP! It hit hard in the wee hours of Sunday morning and I thought I was dying/had the flu. Thankfully it was just strep and the doc gave me some great meds but my sinuses and sore throat had me feeling yucky all week. With that, I didn't even make it into a couple of these outfits (Sunday & Monday) and I adapted some of my original plans on the side of comfort. Either way, I hope you enjoy this week's wardrobe!

 
Can, I just say, I'm loving the way my ombre' hair color is looking in this pic!

 
Day 15: It's Saturday & I'm Feelin' Good (little did I know strep was looming...)
Top: {Old Navy} Vest: {Old Navy} Jeans: {NY&CO, old} Boots: {Marshall's, old} Bubble Necklace: {Bijoux Boutique}


Day 16: Sure didn't make it into this pretty pink & black number I had planned for church!
Top: {Calvin Klein, Marshall's} Skirt: {Stitchfix} Tights: {WalMart} Boots: {Kohl's, old}
 
 


Day 17: So sad, this necklace was so perfect with this green & purple combo...sick day for me
Top: {Joe Fresh, JC Penney} Sweater: {Ralph Lauren Outlet, old} Jeans: {NY&CO, old} Flats: {Target} Necklace: {Bijoux Boutique, old}
 

Day 18: Back to Reality Tuesday
Top: {JC Penney} Sweater: {Cato Fashions} Pants: {Gift} Boots: {Kohl's, old} Scarf: {H&M, London, England}
 


Day 19: On Wednesday's We Wear Pink (Mean Girl's reference...did I just really? Yes I did...)
Top: {Calvin Klein, Marshall's} Blazer: {Forever 21, old} Scarf: {H&M} Jeans: {NY&CO} Flats: {Target} Pearl Cluster Bracelet: {Bijoux Boutique}
 
 
 
Day 20: Floral Polka Dots
(It's a tie between this outfit and the one above for my favorite for the week!)
Top: {JC Penney} Sweater: {Forever 21} Jeans: {Macy's, old} Flats: {Target} Necklace: {Bijoux Boutique}
 
 
Day 21: It's Finally Friday!!
Top: {H&M} Vest: {Marshall's} Leggings: {H&M} Flats: {Target} Necklace: {Bijoux Boutique}
 
 
Well that wraps up Week 3 of my first ever 30 Day Closet Remix Challenge. Stay tuned next Monday for the final week of looks and my reflection on the overall experience. Hope you all have a fabulous Monday!
 
 


 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10