Friday, February 21, 2014

Favorite Pins Friday: Radiant Orchid

 

 

 
{Popsugar}

Have you heard? My favorite color is the 2014 Pantone Color of the Year!!!

It may have something to do with the fact that my carpet as a child was purple, but I have always been drawn to this color. I love every shade of purple: lilac, fuschia, eggplant, and now, Radiant Orchid!

Last year was the first year I can remember there being an official color of the year that I am aware of. In my undergraduate fashion classes we would talk about seasonal colors created by Pantone but I don't remember the entire year being focused on one single color.

I jumped on the emerald train last year, especially during the winter as it was a rich color, and the same applies this year. The rich purple that is Radiant Orchid is described as, "having a magical warmth that blooms with confidence." This color is expressive and creative and emanates great joy, love, and health (so the fashion world says).

I love it because it's Purple! I can't wait to incorporate even more of it (surprisingly I don't have that much purple in my closet). Hopefully more purple will be on the shelves than ever before! I recently added a couple of Radiant Orchid statement necklaces to my collection but I would love a maxi skirt and blazer in the color as well.

So for Favorite Pins Friday I thought I would gather a few of my favorite Radiant Orchid looks and products I have found so far:


 
 
I love this look. It's a fun statement and pop of color and the visual detail of the skirt is to die for! I need somewhere to wear this!

 
 
You can't go wrong with Michael Kors!
 
 
 
Wear Radiant Orchid in one element and one shade or in multiple elements as shown here with the scarf, gloves, and outerwear.



 
Too scared to really "wear" the purple? Start slowly with accessories like a fun statement necklace or handbag.

 
If you're really brave (or just don't care what others think...like me) grab a faux fur vest in purple. Sign me up for one of these please!
 
 
Or throw some purple on your feet! Anyway you wear this color, it is fun!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10