Friday, February 7, 2014

Favorite Pins Friday: Recipe Edition

Happy Friday Ya'll!

Since I got married and acquired way more kitchen gadgets than one ever thought possible I have been doing an exponentially greater amount of cooking than ever before. I try to cook mostly on the weeknights and lunch on the weekends. We save Friday and Saturday night for date nights and trying new restaurants in the Raleigh area.

I thought I would share a few of the recipes I've tried so far that have been husband approved! Most of my recipes I gather from Pinterest but I do have a few cookbooks on standby. But Pinterest pretty much has every recipe on the whole wide world web covered.

I have a food & recipes board plus a separate board dedicated just for desserts. You can check them out by clicking the Pinterest tab at the top of the blog :)

The first recipe I'd like to share is one that is super easy! We're talking two ingredients and cook in the crockpot all day easy...Slow Cooker Italian Chicken.

 
 
 
I'm a meat and potatoes gal so I threw some baked potatoes in the oven (don't wrap them in foil...my husband taught me this...place them in a small bread loaf pan or glass baking dish, poke with holes, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt...best baked potatoes ever) and broiled some frozen corn (another Pinterest secret) as sides. It was a great meal and I barely lifted a finger...literally.
 
Tip: broil corn on LOW not HIGH or your smoke alarm will go off and then the jokes from your husband  will begin....
 
Before we even got married I came across a recipe for O'Charley's baked potato soup. Being the picky gal I am, not many potato soups gain my approval but O'Charley's is one of them. This second recipe takes a little more preparation and was not made using a slow cooker, even though there are plenty of potato soup recipes out there that can be made using one. I also made some adaptations to this one like taking out the Tabasco sauce and using bacon bits instead of frying up fresh bacon.
 
 

 
 
The last recipe I'll leave you with is not one for the dieters! I made some chess squares on a Thursday for our trip traveling home over the long weekend in January. They were gone by the time we arrived and my husband's sweet Aunt surprised us the next day with none other than her fabulous chess squares! And those were no doubt gone by the time we arrived home Monday night! So if you're watching your waistline steer clear but if you're living life to the fullest (literally) go right ahead!
 
 
Ingredients:
  • 1 box yellow cake mix
  • 3 eggs
  • 8 oz cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
  • 4 cups (1 lb) powdered sugar
 
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 300F and spray a 9x13 dish with cooking spray.
  2. Mix cake mix, melted butter and one egg to a soft dough.
  3. Press into the bottom of the pan.
  4. Mix powdered sugar, softened cream cheese and remaining two eggs until smooth, about 1-2 minutes.
  5. Pour on top of crust.
  6. Bake at 300F for 40-50 minutes until top is golden brown.
 
Have a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10