Wednesday, February 5, 2014

My New Do

For the past year and a half (basically since Guilianna Rancic debuted her shorter crop) I have been wanting the so called "long bob" "clavicut" "crop chop" or "shoulder crop" whatever term you prefer. But with the Big Day approaching, I wanted to keep my long locks for the wedding. So what exactly am I talking about? Here are some photos I collected on Pinterest (Lovely Locks board) to show my wonderful hairstylist:






Courtney Kerr from What Courtney Wore and star of Bravo's Courtney Loves Dallas was my main inspiration. I wanted to get back to my ombre color which I tried a couple of years ago on two separate occasions (once brunette and once blonde) and LOVED it! Especially since it is so low maintenance and I now live 9 hours from my beloved hair stylist. I have also been doing the middle part since about the same time and this style lends itself more towards this look (although I love it with my middle part too*).

*If you can't tell, I like to style my hair many different ways but that's for a different post in a couple of weeks.

So without further ado, My New Do:






And the verdict after cutting off quite a few inches: Why didn't I do this sooner? The last time I had a real cut (other than a trim) was 7 years ago! It feels like a weight has lifted...literally. Normally, I would go right back to growing my hair out but maybe, the crop is here to stay for a little while.

What do you fellow fashionistas think? Have you or will you try this new hair cut trend? Let me know in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10