Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Our Wedding Day {Part One} ~ December 7th, 2013

This post is long overdue but I just kept putting off writing it. Our pictures are amazing thanks to our wonderful photographer but there are just sooo many of them and they are all sooo good it was hard to choose just a few to share on the blog. To make it a little easier, I'm breaking it down into a few posts. I mean a girl's big day is worth more than just one blog post right?

Today, I wanted to share some pictures leading up to the first look moment we shared and the details of getting ready. I don't know what I thought that morning would be like but I wasn't prepared for the amount of nerves I felt before the day really got going. The accumulation of 18 months worth of heavy planning, 3 years of engagement, and 8 years (we were married on our 8 year dating anniversary) of thinking about it, had arrived. No pressure right?

I had planned every detail down to the pins stuck in the pew decorations and the brooches on my reception shoes. I wanted it all to fall into place just like I hoped it would. Luckily, my mom and I had plenty of time before our hair appointments to jet over to the reception venue and decorate the entire room (not much just favors and the candy buffet tables). This put me at ease a little more. I didn't want to be the last one to see my reception set up on the big day.

From there we headed to the hair salon where my bridesmaids and flower girls were already getting primped. Seeing my best friends made me more excited and anxious and less nervous. We had a blast having lunch and finishing last minute decorations at the church.

My sweet husband decided the morning of our wedding he would post the sweetest message ever on Facebook which immediately had me in tears (thankfully before my makeup). After that, I vowed to stay off social media until after the big day was over. It's so nice to read everyone's congratulations but very overwhelming and the day is already overwhelming enough!

After lunch, it was go time. Off to Beaumont Inn to get dressed and see my man for the first time. This is also where we took all of our bridal party pictures as well. But for now, I'm just sharing some of my favorite getting ready pictures of me, my mom, and my maids!


 

 
 
 
 


 
 
 
 
 
 


 
 
 
 

 







No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10