Saturday, February 1, 2014

Tulle Please!

Some of you who are on Pinterest or who follow the major fashion bloggers may have noticed this new trend of mid to maxi length tulle skirts. When they first began popping up everything girly inside me jumped for joy! But then my practical and realistic, technical side of my brain said, “hold on a minute…where on earth would you actually wear that?” Right?


As the trend has grown however (you can see Blair Eadie from Atlantic Pacific - my favorite fashion blogger - wearing two examples in the photos below) it has continued to grow on my realistic side of the brain too.


image


image


So what did I do? I requested one in my next Stitchfix box! Yep, that’s right! Haven’t heard of Stitchfix? It’s an awesome styling service that sends you 5 items after completing your own personalized style profile online. You can schedule your fix whenever you like or sign up for monthly fixes. I tend to schedule mine to signify special events (birthday, end of the semester, after finishing a grueling school project, etc.) and the styling fee is just $20 and it counts towards whatever you decide to purchase. Don’t like any of the items (happened to me my first fix..be SPECIFIC when completing your profile and request items you’re wanting)? Just send them all back in the pre-paid envelope. It’s as easy as that. You can use the following code to sign up: https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/3060838


image


Anyways, I am hoping to try this trend out closer to spring. I grabbed these examples from Pinterest that mix casual denim and sweaters with the ultra feminine tulle. I am thinking a spring afternoon date or if all else fails, church. You can never be too over dressed for church in my book.


image


image


Comment below and let me know, what do you think of the new tulle skirt trend? Will you try it? I can’t wait to show you guys what’s in my next fix!


image

2 comments:

  1. Hi Meredith! Love your new blog :) I just wanted to say I have re-purposed my short tulle wedding reception dress by throwing on a denim jacket and coral heels. I wore it out to our 1-month-after-the-wedding dinner at The Melting Pot. I didn't feel overdressed at all. Go for it! --Sarah Gosser

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah for reading and for the advice on the Tulle Skirt! I requested one in my upcoming Stitch Fix box so fingers crossed. If not, I think I will either make one or find one online. I will have to make Travis take me on a fancy date to wear it :)

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10