Monday, March 10, 2014

Polka Dots & Leather {Style Me March}

 
 
Happy Monday Ya'll? Hope you had a great weekend!
 
Today I am sharing my first look of #StyleMeMarch
 

I didn't know about this Instagram founded challenge until February and at that point I had already started the Closet Remix Challenge. I knew for March I wanted to join in! For each day you create an outfit centered around the theme. You can revolve every piece around it or just one or two. The rules are, there are no rules! You can read more about it and can find the fabulous lady who started it all here.


 
The challenge for March 1st was to wear your favorite color. I had to multitask this one for a cool day at the ballpark. I wanted to be comfortable as this was our first time traveling overnight in a hotel with Tucker. So I added warm knit layers and used accessories to add in my favorite color: Purple!*
 
*Side note: Purple has always been my favorite color. I can't tell you when I fell in love with purple but it could have something to do with the fact the carpet in my room as a child was purple until I was about 6!

 
Necklace: {Bijoux Boutique, this color is sold out but bright ones for spring are up}

 
Leather Leggings: {Stitchfix, last fall} Boots & Button-Up: {Marshall's, new} Coat: {Forever 21, on sale + 30% off}
 
I wore these leather leggings a few times last fall and broke them back out this weekend. Unfortunately, I literally broke them as the seam in the knee ripped on one leg. I'm not sure what the return policy is on these but I'm hoping it's a good one since I paid a pretty penny!
 
The boots were a stretch for me and definitely out of my comfort zone. I've been thinking about trying some like this but wasn't sure what to pair them with. This outfit was perfect and I found them on clearance at Marshall's for just $30! Great price for a trendy item!
 
I hope to share more looks with you from Style Me March but to catch them all be sure to follow me on Instagram!

2 comments:

  1. Looks adorable! I can't wait to wear cute clothing again!!! Maternity clothes are not fun to wear! I love how you mixed prints and the pop of purple in the bubble necklace…and the boots look great. I hope you can exchange those pants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Meredith for your sweet words and for reading along on the blog! Unfortunately I can't return/exchange the pants but I'm hoping to be able to repair them myself! We will see!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10