Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Easter Dress Selection

I don't know about you, but I was raised to always put on my Sunday best. Easter was no exception and was extra special. I think I had a pastel, poofy sleeved, lace trimmed dress in every color of the rainbow. Pink, light blue, robin's egg green, pale yellow, the memories are flooding back. No Easter outfit was complete however, without perfect white tights, scuff free mary janes and a hair bow (oh and 80s bangs...I wasn't even born until 1990..come on Mom!). Oh the fun pictures to look back at!
 
Shopping for the Easter dress was an event in itself and a memory I cherish, as much as if not more, than the Easter dinners and egg hunts at my grandmother's homes. My Nana would take me, my younger brother, and my older cousin Jessica each year, along with our mothers, and we would go to every major department store in the mall and try on what seemed like a 1,000 dresses. Obviously, I'm exaggerating here but at this point in my life, I hadn't come to appreciate frilly dresses and tights.
 
This year, I am many miles away from home for Easter and unfortunately, won't be able to spend it with my family. It's the first time for both me and my husband, that we will spend a significant holiday (if not THE most significant holiday) away from family. But that's the sweet thing about Jesus. He isn't biased towards Kentucky or North Carolina! He is everywhere, in all things, in all ways. I know I will be a little more sad on Easter Sunday without my family to enjoy it with but this whole experience has caused me to lean more on Jesus, each and every day, than I ever have before.
 
So, I decided to do a little online shopping for Easter this year, sans Nana and my momma. Here are some of my favorite picks:
 
 
I absolutely love The Loft, from Ann Taylor, and if it weren't for the $118 price tag on this beauty I would snag it in a heartbeat! But it is Friends & Family at The Loft right now and the entire store is 40% off which is making this beauty tempting. Sign up for their emails to receive the discount code!
 
 I am crushing mint blue for Spring this year and I love the delicate cut out floral lace of this dress. This is perfection for spring and Easter Sunday.

 

 
 
This dress has similar lace details but at a much lower price point. Coral is a big color for spring this year as well. I have seen it in a lot of apparel, as well as craft and d├ęcor items for the home.
 
 
 
This is another favorite from the Loft. This is an example of the popular color of the year, Radiant Orchid, which happens to be my favorite color (since I was 6). The slub yarn detail in this dress is gorgeous and gives it elegance for Easter.
 
 
And since I have to support my Wildcats all year round, why not a trendy cobalt peplum dress for Easter! (Again, from The Loft)
 
What do you usually wear for Easter? Do you dress up or are you forgetting the frock for orphans this year?
 



 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10