Friday, April 4, 2014

Favorite Pins Friday: Pastels

Happy Friday!
 
With Easter and Spring finally arriving this week, it has me pulling pastels out of my closet left and right. This time of year always brings me back to my childhood. I will never forget going Easter dress shopping with my grandmothers each year or having our annual, sibling matching, pictures taken (sorry Clay, I had to include).
 
 
So I thought I would share some of my favorite spring pastel looks I've been finding on Pinterest.
 
 
I love the pairing of this blush pink skirt with a mint sweater and light yellow clutch. Perfect pairing of multiple pastels in one look.
 

 
 
Blair Eadie over at Atlantic-Pacific fashion blog is by far (and dare I say my most) one of my favorite fashion bloggers. She has a unique way of pairing top designer duds with fashionable bargains to create an ultimately chic look that is always ahead of the curve. I love this laid back pairing of pastels that still looks chic and well put together.
 
I actually created a similar look to this last spring with lavender skinnies and a chambray button-up with a mint top layered over.
 
 
 Not a great shot (I pulled it from Instagram). I will have to recreate for an outfit post soon.
 
 
I love this look from Pink Peonies also. It's a great Bermuda short look. I plan to recreate this with a lavender pair of bermudas that are already in my closet!
 
 
LOVE this sheer mint skirt and pale yellow handbag.
 
 
Speaking of mint, this suit is perfection. I have a mint skirt suit from The Loft that I purchased for an academic conference last spring. It was great and I can't wait to wear it again.
 
And that brings me to my next bit of exciting news. As stressful as it may make the end of the semester, I am so excited to be given the opportunity to travel overseas again. I am heading back to England (this will be my third trip back to the home of William & Kate) but this time to Leeds University in Manchester. I am excited to explore an entirely different part of the country this trip, even though I will only be there for a short amount of time. I will be attending a Textiles Summit and presenting my research that is currently ongoing.
 
Hope everyone has a relaxing and productive weekend (that seems to be an oxymoron correct?)!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10