Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Birchbox #1: April 2014

 
I recently signed up for my first Birchbox. Birchbox is a beauty box subscription service. You can sign up for 3, 6, or 12 month subscriptions at $10 a month. Similar to Stitchfix, which I have posted about here, you fill out a personal profile. I highlighted nail, hair, and makeup products as well as skincare. Here is what I received in my first box for April.






 
My box included:
-Color Club nail polish in Heirloom Pearls
-Sample of Harvey Prince Yogini perfume
-Sample of Clarifying Shampoo by Number 4 High Performance Hair Care
-Sample of Number 4 High Performance Hair Care Conditioning Mask
-Sumitas Color Contrast Eyeliner in Jamun (Deep Purple)
-KIND Snack Maple Pumpkin Seeds with Sea Sale

 
Nail Polish: When I first saw the nail polish I was really excited, thinking it was a solid white shade for summer. It is still pretty but the hue isn't that deep. It took three coats to get a complete shade and it chipped very easily (only lasted about 3 to 4 days).
 
Clarifying Shampoo: I was not a big fan of this shampoo. It left my hair feeling stripped and dry. When I used it in conjunction with the deep conditioning hair mask it felt better.

 
Conditioning Hair Mask: The hair mask was nice. I didn't see much improvement in my hair but I used it a few days before a much needed hair cut, so that could have been the problem.
 
Yogini Perfume: I liked this perfume. I plan to wear it throughout the summer to switch up my usual rotation.
 
Purple Eyeliner: Surprisingly, this was by far my favorite product in the box. I have already used almost all of it and will definitely purchase the full size product soon (only $11). I had just finished my usual eyeliner from Clinique in olive green. This deep plum color is a nice switch and isn't as harsh as black (which makes me look like a raccoon).
 
KIND Snack: No review here. Not in even my husband would eat this "treat". I specifically checked no snacks/food items in my boxes. This was my first box so I'm assuming I got more of a generic box this time. Hoping in the future to avoid these little "extras."
 
What do you think? Will you try Birchbox? Stay tuned to see what's in my May Birchbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10