Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Birchbox #2: May 2014

 

 

 
My May Birchbox was waiting on me last week when I returned from my short trip back home to Kentucky! It was a wonderful mail day (including a fabulous maxi dress I can't wait to share with you soon)!
 
 
I love the cute packaging and fun patterns that line the boxes. I'm thinking of keeping them to store and organize different samples and beauty items. They would also be cute packaging for gifts as well.



 
This box included two hair care products: Beauty Protector Shampoo and Conditioner. These are great sample size bottle to take on short trips home or for school. I will probably save these up for our next trip. I haven't tried them out just yet.

 
This LAQA & Co. Sheer Lip Pencil is fabulous! It is silk smooth on my lips and is a good sheer color. I'm not a huge fan of the peach tone on me but it's fairly sheer and not super noticeable.

 
This full-size Supergoop! facial sunscreen cream went straight into my purse for days when I catch myself outside unexpectedly. It will be great for afternoons at the park walking the dog or evenings watching the hubs play softball. I also plan to throw this in my beach/pool bag.
 
My lifestyle extra this month was a disappointment for the second time. It was two packets of oral care breath crystals. I got my husband to try one pack...he didn't try the second if that tells you anything. Not really our thing...I'm going to try to request not to receive these "extras."

 
 
Another fun component of this month's box was a coupon for $25 off for Kate Spade Saturday. Unfortunately I'm a broke, newlywed graduate student who has for more in her closet than she will ever need so this little beauty will not be put to use. (This is where I exert my will power.)
 
Overall, I'm pleased with my subscription so far and plan to give it a year before I switch over to any other beauty subscription service. We will see!
 
What do you think? Have you tried Birchbox? Ipsy? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10