Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Happy Birthday Mom & Graduation

Last weekend I got to travel back home to Kentucky for a few short days to celebrate my Masters graduation, my husband's birthday, and Mother's Day! It was a whirlwind of a few days! It was our third (short) trip back home since we moved to Raleigh in January. We are learning to cherish the 2 and 3/4 days we get to be at home with family and friends every couple of months. It was a nice, "You survived your first semester of a Phd and now you can relax a little bit," trip!
 
Not only did we celebrate graduation and Mother's Day, today is my Mom's birthday too! Unfortunately she usually gets the one-for-all Mother's Day/Birthday gift combo. So Happy Birthday Mom! (I guess a blog shout out will have to do!)

 
Mom & I on Mother's Day after Church
(Dress: old Lilly Pulitzer print from 2011)

 
Graduation Day with my Parents

 
My sweet little brother drove 5 hours round trip to come to my graduation just two days before his big chemistry final (I guess that's a good excuse to procrastinate studying too!). It was so good to see him!

 
The hubs & I after my graduation ceremony from my Master's
(Dress: old pageant interview dress from Dillard's)

 
Graduation Lunch at The Chop House

 
My "New" Family: The In-Laws
It was so nice for all of them to come and support me!

 
My sweet, sweet Nana & Papaw. Bless their hearts...they sat through a two hour car ride, three hour ceremony, and hour lunch!

 
Don't let him fool you...this was my bro's idea! But first...#letstakeagraduationselfie

 
My sweet friend Steph from WhiteCoatWardrobe graduated from PA school the same day!

 
My friend from grad school...we did it together!

 
The Hubs & I on Mother's Day after church.
 
We had a wonderful weekend back home...it just wasn't long enough. Tucker was so excited to see all of his aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents! I think he receives more attention than we do!
 
Until July 4th!!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10