Tuesday, July 22, 2014

July Birchbox: Women's Health Edition






Birchbox is a monthly beauty subscription box ($10/month), for men and women. I just signed up with Birchbox earlier this year and I have to say, this July box is by far my favorite. You can read about my other boxes here and here. Up until now, my boxes were starting to look the same: eyeliner, perfume sample, shampoo/conditioner sample, and maybe a facial cleanser. I was considering cancelling my subscription but this box has convinced me to try it for a little longer.
 

 
In this box:
 
1. Balance Me Wonder Eye Cream - This is just a sample and the full-size bottle would be $38. An eye cream is not something I have in my beauty regimen currently, and I definitely couldn't justify the full-size price. But, it will be fun to try and maybe help perk up my tired grad student eyes!
 
2. Coastal Scents Revealed 2 Eye Shadow Pallette - I love the colors in this palette. All four of them are a soft neutral shade, which is what I use most often. This item is my favorite in the box and my first eye shadow I have received through Birchbox. The full-size version of this palette is $34, making it similar in price to Urban Decay shadow palettes.
 
3. Real Chemistry Luminous 3-Minute Peel - I have never entered into the facial peel territory so this will take some courage. The anxiety of what it might do to my skin probably means this is the last product I will try from the box. The full-size of this product is $48 so it must work wonders! We will see!
 
4. Whish Shave Crave Shaving Cream in Acai Grapefruit - A shaving cream that cost $20 for a full bottle must be heaven right?! It better be! I'm excited to try this one out...
 
5. 100% Pure Gingerade Shower Gel - These little travel size packets are one reason I love Birchbox. This is probably not a product I would ever purchase but it makes my traveling life so much easier and takes the guess work out of it. I just throw these in my makeup bag and go!
 

 
 
This box also included an exclusive subscription to Women's Health magazine for just $9.99. I won't be signing up but it's a nice discount for those who like to receive magazines. I especially liked the Power Up Challenge booklet with 12 easy ways to improve your health like getting more sleep, keeping a workout log, parting your hair differently, etc. to feel more beautiful and rested.
 
What do you think of my July box? Have you given Birchbox a try? Let me know in the comments!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10