Sunday, July 13, 2014

Sunday Rest

Happy Sunday!

I have to admit, the hubs and I did not go to church today. While I could list many excuses (travel, 50 hour work week, exhaustion, etc.) none of them are valid. But sometimes, you just need rest. So today, I'm resting in God's grace. He knows when we need rest and I am thankful for a day to do just that: absolutely nothing! Except make a pie, of course. But trust me, this is the easiest pie/dessert I've ever made. 


Peanut Butter Pie is my all time fav! We had one last weekend back home with our family and it left us wanting more. So I whipped this beauty up this morning but not before completely crumbling my first graham cracker crust. I wish you could have seen my delayed reaction where I stood there staring at it for a good 2 minutes, completely in denial! Thankfully, the hubs was kind enough to run to the store for a second (I think he really just wanted some pie)! 

I got the recipe online and adapted it using a store bought crust:

-1 graham cracker crust
-1 cup of peanut butter
-1 8oz pkg of cream cheese, softened
-1 cup powdered sugar
-1 8oz pkg whipped topping

1. Blend cream cheese and peanut butter together until combined.
2. Add powdered sugar and blend until smooth.
3. Fold in whipped topping and add to crust. 
4. Place in fridge to chill, then serve!

Simple as pie! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10