Thursday, August 14, 2014

August Birchbox: It's Here!

My August Birchbox has arrived and I'm in love...again! I've never considered myself a makeup or beauty expert by any means. I think that's why I love this service so much. Birchbox makes it convenient for those of us who aren't up to date on all of the new moisturizers, cleansers, eyeliner tips, or lip creams. I love trying new products that I've never heard of and some of which I really like. And I don't feel guilty if I don't like a product or two...it's only $10 for all 5-6 samples, so oh well. More often than not, however, I find myself loving the product that I was least likely to try or purchase on my own.
 
 
And I love this month's theme by the way! I had just finished a bowl of ice cream for dinner before opening this...I'm not kidding!

 
 
So here's the scoop (pun intended...I'm hilarious...I know)*
*I hope you are reading my sarcasm here...
 
1. Neil George Shampoo - $9 Full-Size - This brand was created by Beverly Hills stylists and is supposed to be an antioxidant-rich cleanser for shinier locks...we shall see.
 
2. Neil George Conditioner - $9 Full Size - This product also contains antioxidants for smoother hair and detangling...something I desperately need.
 
3. Marcelle BB Cream Golden Glow - $27 Full Size - This is a product I've heard a lot about and is kind of a do-it-all skin care cream from what (little) I understand. I loved the eye cream I received last month so fingers crossed.
 
4. ModelCo Shimmer Bronzer - $22 Full Size - So lately Birchbox has been allowing its subscribers to choose one product (out of three or four) in each box. I somehow missed the email after seeing the choices and knowing I had to have the bronzer...so thanks Birchbox...you read my mind. I am always on the lookout for a good bronzer, especially as we go into the chillier months. A bronzer is a great way to keep a shimmering glow in the cooler months. I'm excited to give this one a try.
 
5. Catherine Malandrino Style de Paris Fragrance - $110 Full Size - Excited to try this new scent from this amazing designer, especially because I would never pay that much for perfume in real life! I'm not really  perfume gal. The couple of perfumes I do own are either from my husband or my brother (yes, my brother bought me perfume for Christmas...not sure what he's trying to tell me). It's not something I really want to spend my money on so I love that I get a new sample of perfume every couple of months which is perfect. I still have samples that aren't empty yet.

 
Overall, I'm more than pleased, AGAIN, with my Birchbox this month. Here's to finishing out the summer strong and I can't wait to see what beauty trinkets show up in my boxes this fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10