Wednesday, August 13, 2014

What I Wore Wednesday: Target Kimono








 
{Lace Trim Kimono: Target, not online} {Distressed Denim: NY&CO, old} {Racerback Tank: Marshall's, old} {Gladiator Sandals: Target, sold out in cognac} {Bracelet: Bijoux Boutique, old}
 
It's my second post in my What I Wore Wednesday series. You can check out the first post here! I wore this outfit to a church function Saturday night but I have also worn a modification of it to work/school.
 
A couple of weeks ago, I took off on a weekday. Why you might ask? Oh, I had just logged 55+ hours the week before including doing research on campus on a Saturday! I busted my butt for a month on some pretty sweaty, physical labor-filled testing (it's literally called sweating manikin testing...but the manikin's not the only one sweating!). I decided I needed a pool day but if you read my last Target post you know that didn't go as planned!
 
Instead, I "browsed" Target and came home with three new pieces, including this fabulous kimono. I had purchased a long, sleeveless overlay at Marshall's earlier in the summer featured here. I've had a hard time pairing it with more casual items though. So when I saw this more practical beauty hanging on the sale rack I snatched it up quickly and then to my dismay realized it was an XS! While I have a "few" items in my closet which are XS-S (and by a few, I mean I can count them on one hand), I wasn't sure this kimono would work for me. They're supposed to be oversized and flowy. Well, I whipped that thing over my shoulders and what do you know? That's an XS in the photos above so there's your first lesson in kimonos: they run big (I'm normally a Medium in tops).
 
I've already worn this kimono a few times with different tops underneath. For work/school I paired it with a simple mint t-shirt from The Gap. I also plan to throw it over a dress or two this fall!
 
What about you? Have you tried the kimono/overlay trend? What do you think?
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I love the pattern and colours in your kimono, it works well with jeans plus is beautiful with the pink tank.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10