Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Labor Day Style: Gold Lace Shorts






 
Lace Shorts: {Marshalls} Sheer Top: {JCP} Booties: {Kohls, old} Necklace: {Versona Accessories}
 
The hubs and I spent a nice, relaxing quick, and always bittersweet, weekend back home in Kentucky for Labor Day. It was our last trip for the summer and we won't be back until Thanksgiving. This will be the longest stretch (3 months!) which made it a little harder for us, and our parents, to leave this time. But, I keep telling myself, it will pass soon and by then, the semester will just about be over!
 
One of my favorite outfits I wore this past weekend was this lovely fall transitional look. I broke out my "booties" for the first time and it felt awesome! I also styled these lace shorts with a long sleeve, chiffon top, to transition into cooler weather (even though it's still 90 degrees!).
 
What I packed for the entire trip is below:
 
                   
 
                              
                                        Top: {Marshalls}                    Pants: {Verona}

   
                                         Dress: {Marshalls}  Dress: {NY&CO} Vest: {Cato Fashions}
 
Our list of activities while at home included dinner, dinner, and more dinners, a wedding, a 5 year old's Lego birthday party, lunch with friends, meeting our friends' newborn baby girl, attending church, shopping with my family, and so much more! We always pack a lot into 3 days and while I'm exhausted right now, it is always worth it! Until next time....
 
I hope you all enjoyed your long holiday weekend! Now, bring on plaid scarves, pumpkin patches, and hot maple toddy candles!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10