Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Fall Home Decor Projects

I've been crafty lately and have really gotten into the fall spirit earlier than usual this year. It may have something to do with the fact that I'm a newlywed and am always looking for ways to make our 800 sq. ft. apartment feel more like a home. Fall also tends to mean holidays and looking forward to time spent with family. I guess the combination of that has inspired me to complete the following home decor crafts:
 
Burlap Fall Wreath:
 
 
 
Supplies:
I started making burlap wreaths for myself about a year and a half ago. It is my favorite go-to craft and I love to make them each season! They are really easy to make and there's no right or wrong way to make one!
 
*The vinyl monogram door cling is from jane.com a couple of years ago. I don't have the direct link anymore.
 

Happy Halloween Bunting:
 
This was the easiest craft of all three. I bought a simple homemade bunting kit at Michael's (unfortunately, there are no Hobby Lobby's in or near Raleigh :(  that included all the parts you see. It took about an hour to put together and I have to say, it hasn't held up that well. The letters tend to fall off quite frequently and if you have pets, well....yeah. So I might have a chewed up "E" and a missing "P" but oh well!
 
"BOO" Door Hanger:

 
Let me tell you, painting a chevron pattern on anything, no matter how small, is far more daunting than this inexperienced crafter imagined. Believe me, it looks better from a distance! Just know, it's not for the faint of heart. But, I do think it was worth the extra time.
 
 
Supplies:
  • 3 wooden letters
  • black ribbon
  • pre-made burlap bow
  • wreath door hanger
  • 1 can black satin spray paint
  • 1 bottle of black, orange, and white acrylic paint
  • assorted paint brushes and round sponge brushes
 
*These supplies all came from Michael's except for the burlap bow, but they have those at Michael's as well. I happened to have one from Hobby Lobby that I purchased when we were home last.
 
I used a Pinterest tutorial to mark off the chevron pattern except I kinda just free handed it, hence the not so great end product. Next time, mark it off and measure! Overall, I love how it turned out though.
 
We are definitely in the swing of fall and Halloween here at The McQuerry's. Now to pick some pumpkins!!!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10