Monday, December 29, 2014

Christmas 2014 Recap

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and in the midst of the hustle and bustle, ripping of wrapping paper, and slices of ham, took some time to remember the real reason why we celebrate this day. I know I can quickly let the stress and logistics of getting to 5 Christmas gatherings in one day (down from 7 last year) put me in a "Scroogy" mood. This year I chose to just be in the moment as much as possible. So take a deep breath...here's our whole Christmas trip in one post:

 
Christmas Day Selfie

This was right after Travis was surprised with his mounted and stuffed duck that he shot on Thanksgiving Day. I'm so proud of my hunter but a stuffed duck? Not sure how that's fitting into the decor of our 800 sq. ft. apartment but if it makes the hubs happy, it makes me happy. 

It has been so nice to be home for seven whole days in a row! We got in late Saturday night and spent the first half of the week relaxing and prepping for Santa. Sunday, we attended our church, had lunch with my parents and dinner with Travis' family. Monday and Tuesday were filled with relaxing on the couch, dinner with our families, and watching old home videos.

On Christmas Eve, we headed to my Nana and Papaw's for lunch and to open gifts. We returned that evening for leftovers and then it was time to sort the gifts at Travis' house. A tradition he has always been a part of.

My "Santa" gift that I wanted this year was my first digital SLR camera. I debated all year and almost bought one for my birthday in September but decided to keep doing some more research before choosing. I ended up going with the Canon Rebel T5i and found it at Walmart during the Black Friday sales. It came with a 55-80mm and a 75-300mm lens. It was a whole kit with the bag, cleaning kit, flashdrive insert, extra battery, and so much more.

Anyways, Travis and I put our Christmas $ from my Nana and Papaw, plus a little more from my parents, and bought the camera for Christmas. I opened it on Christmas Eve so I could put it together and actually use it on Christmas day. Needless to say, I took quite a few photos and am so glad I did. Unfortunately, my energy level waned throughout the day and I didn't even take pictures at the last two Christmas gatherings.

These photos are from Saturday morning, before we left to go home, on my old camera:

 
Our Christmas Tree in North Carolina 2014

 
Our Christmas Tree in North Carolina 2014

 
Look what Santa brought...Tucker must have been a good doggie this year.

 
The most exciting part of our Christmas morning...Tucker's reaction to all his goodies.

 
Travis opening his new UK basketball ornament.

 
Travis with his crossword and Sudoku puzzles.

 
I also got him a duck hunting ornament.

 
He had his first successful duck hunt on Thanksgiving day so I got him this ornament to commemorate the event!

 
Travis picked all of my gifts out with absolutely NO hints from me this year. He did great!!!

 
He did hear me talking about wanting both of these though. He listens :)

 
This hangtag cracked me up! Tucker has pretty good handwriting if you ask me. That husband of mine is too funny!

 
My sequin Betsy Johnson wallet. Again, he picked this out all on his own. I had no idea there was a big blush pink purse covered in sequins and a big pink bow waiting for me in the car when we headed home to KY later that afternoon. He's the best!

 
Christmas Eve 2014

 
Travis' Mom hid a pickle ornament on the tree. The first person to find the pickle won some $$$. I snapped the first picture with my new camera at exactly the right moment. Travis found the pickle...haha!

 
Our IMAX...I mean 60" TV Travis asked for from his parents. I can't lie...I LOVE it too...I'm currently watching while writing this post ;)

 
My sister-in-law and I modeling out new diamond earrings.

 
Thanks Terri & Allen for the new bling!

 
My mother-in-law opening her Christmas gift from us. The first picture with the whole family from our wedding last December.

 
Travis sporting his new dress coat.

 
And SUPRISE! His parents had his duck he shot while hunting on Thanksgiving stuffed and mounted. Now to fit that into the home décor.... ;)

 
On to Travis' Memaw and Pops' house for Christmas #2 of the day. This was Travis' dirty Santa haul...I was pleased. A cute ornament and Santa nightlight.

 
My first time playing dirty Santa at this Christmas and I drew #16, the very last number and best position to have in the game! I picked the last unopened gift which happened to have a nice $20 bill tucked inside...ha!

 
Christmas #3 at noon at my parents house. My little reindeer and I were really in the Christmas spirit.

 
My Mom's Christmas tree that I helped decorate at Thanksgiving.

 
Tucker resting in his Santa sweater before the present opening began.

 
Mom made this super cute ornament for Tucker.

 
Travis opening his big gift...let the Scavenger hunt begin.

 
After 6 clues and a scavenger hunt around the house, the final gift was located: a UK pullover with tickets to the UK vs. SC game (at SC) tucked inside! He was so excited!

 
My brother opening his gift from Tucker.

 
Clay always gets something Batman for Christmas since he was a toddler and exclaimed over everything from his Batman bubble gum to his Batman underwear. Tucker found him some Batman boxers I'm sure he was thrilled about :)
 
 
Christmas #4 was at my parents house as well but it was my Mom's side of the family. The last Christmas of the day was at Travis' aunt's house for his Dad's side of the family. After 5 Christmas gatherings in one day, I could barely keep my eyes open or eat another bite. Needless to say, snapping more pictures became lower on my priority list...bummer. Hopefully next year, I will find the motivation to keep going strong all day.
 
I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas holiday and quality time spent with your loved ones. The older I get, the more I appreciate these days spent with family, eating and talking around the table.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10