Friday, December 12, 2014

McQuerry Christmas Decor 2014

Today I thought I would share some of the Christmas décor around our cozy, little apartment. I'm not quite done yet and have a few more projects up my sleeve that I hope to share soon! But for now, here's our Christmas Tree:

 
Before ornaments!

 
AND After... I really wanted to do a red and green whimsical Christmas Tree but I worked with what ornaments I already had from living on my own the past four years during college/grad school. I love the bright colors and can't wait to have a home so I can decorate multiple trees in different themes!
 
This is the first year I bought sprays and used them as a topper and stuffers as well. I really like them! I think this color scheme would be great on a white tree!

 
This beautiful ornament was given to us by a sweet family who I've known and grown up with since I was 6. I will cherish this forever and how absolutely cute is it?!

 
When we were home over Thanksgiving, I made this cute little ornament with my Mom. She was trying to show me how to use her Cricut. She had bought the blank little chalkboard ornaments at Hobby Lobby and we cut the snowman and name with her Cricut. It was so much fun...I could Cricut all day!

 
This is one of the ornaments I made last year after our wedding. This is our wedding program, cut into strips between each line, so you can still read the text, and wrapped in a glass ornament. I did the same with our wedding invitation and topped them off with the black ribbon they were tied with. Such a special keepsake for our tree.

 
This is another marriage ornament that my parents gave us last year. We have many more and I absolutely love each and every one of them. Another perk of having a December wedding: ornaments as wedding gifts!

 
Each year, I pick a theme for wrapping gifts. Usually two coordinating rolls of wrapping paper, ribbon, and hang tags. This year, I ordered an official tree skirt and stockings that match. I love the monogram on it!

 
These are the stockings. I LOVE them. We had to get one for little Tucker too! He can't be left out and is the most exciting part of our Christmas morning (until kids one day). I need to order a few more for when we do have little ones so they all match. Maybe I'll catch an after Christmas sale!
 
I ordered both the stockings and tree skirt through my boutique: Bijoux Boutique. (bijouxjewelryboutique.gmail.com)
 
 
Finally, in our hallway, I put the tomato cage Christmas Tree I made out of wire mesh. You can read my tutorial here. I have plans to make a second one, using a different method, for my Mom. I will be sure to post it!
 
I plan on sharing a few more projects with you, but for now, those are our main decorations!

1 comment:

  1. I love your Christmas decor. Especially the stockings and the tree skirt! I stopped over from Kelly's Korner. If you get a chance, stop by #36. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10