Friday, January 23, 2015

Friday Favorites

 
 
We made it ya'll! Happy Friday!
 
This week was a busy one even though it was just four days! I finished the second to last round of my testing (rep 321 out of 345...woop!), wrote a 20 page research paper, analyzed a whole lot of data, and put together a hefty PPT that I will be presenting this afternoon, among other things! Shew...I'm tired just thinking about it all.
 
To celebrate a short and super productive week I thought I would share some of my favorites:
 
1. American Sniper - Travis and I saw the matinee on Saturday afternoon and I'm not sure what I was expecting but it completely blew me away. I left feeling speechless, in awe, and trying to grasp the reality that this was someone's life...not just a movie or story...but a real life and family. If you haven't seen it please do. It gave me an entirely new appreciation for those who serve and their family members.
 
2. MLK Day - I was happy to have a long relaxing weekend. The hubs went to work so we can use his vaca day at a later time to go home and see family. It was a quiet morning at home, I ran a few errands and then took Tucker over to the little park by our apartment. We had a blast! He walked the entire track...sniffing every bush, tree, and leaf...and met a new friend named Marlow who looked just like him. The weather has been beautiful, in the mid-60s, so it was wonderful to be outside in nothing but a long sleeve top in the middle of January!
 
3. This Leopard Cardigan:
 
 
You can find the source here: Pinterest
 
I just discovered this cardigan from Target this week and I don't know how I was so late to the game?! Thanks to the style challenge I'm participating in on Instagram this week (more to come on the blog next week) I found this beauty. I went looking for outfit inspiration on Pinterest and realized I LOVE leopard...who doesn't right? So I'm thinking a leopard week or leopard series is coming to the blog SOON!
 
4. Quiet time with the hubs - Wednesday night I was flat out exhausted. The testing I do at school involves heavy physical labor in a 100F chamber. I'm also writing papers and analyzing data. By the time 5 o'clock rolls around, I'm mentally and physically exhausted. The hubs told me Wednesday morning before he left for work he wanted to have a Netflix date night...um...yes, please?! We watched The Long Walk and it was really good. You should check it out!
 
5. Upcoming Weekend/Week: This isn't really a favorite from this week but it's definitely kept me motivated to be productive. Why? We have some really fun trips planned & I can't wait!
 
This Saturday, we have tickets to the UK vs. SC basketball game in Columbia, SC. We are obviously rooting for the CATS! The tickets were Travis' Christmas gift from my parents. I'm excited to take a little day trip with my man and watch the Cats in person for the first time in forever. But I'm sure I'll be using the 7 hour car ride to practice my conference presentation for next week.
 
That's right...we are headed to New Orleans! Woot! Woot! Neither one of us have been before so we're really looking forward to exploring a new city together. It's a short 3 day trip but we will have plenty of time to sight see! I submitted a research paper to a student paper competition last fall and I won! My travel expenses are covered and we had a flight voucher from the honeymoon for the hubs so it's a Win-Win! Anyways...I'm excited if you can't tell. I can't wait to take so many pictures with my new Canon Rebel Ti5 that Santa brought me for Christmas! I'll be sure to share them here on the blog when we return!
 
What are your favorites from this past week? Let me know below!

2 comments:

  1. So many highlights from the week! I so love Netflix dates. It's so relaxing and fun. Nothing like curled up on your own couch :) Thanks for linking up with us at H54F!!

    Katie @ Cup of Tea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to meet another member of the BBN!!!! GO CATS!!! I hope you had a wonderful time at the game! And speaking of New Orleans, I've only had one quick trip there, for a little championship game in 2012;) Hope you have fun!!!

    Thanks for linking up!
    Tif
    www.brightonabudget.com

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10