Friday, February 27, 2015

Friday Favorites

It's been a while since I did Life Lately or Friday Favorites post so here you have it: a combo of the two! After two and a half snow days (maybe three...as I write this Thursday night) I am ready for the weekend. Why? All of this snow has drastically decreased my motivation and productivity. I'm ready for a fun-packed weekend to get me reenergized for the month of March!
 
Without further ado, here are some of my favorites from the past week (or two...)
 
 
Saturday, Travis & I hit up Ihop for pancakes and brunch! After a few weeks of being stuck inside from the snow and cold, it was good to get out!

 
OOTD: Camo + Pink Style Challenge
Button-Up & Camo Vest: {JCP, old} Boots: {Shoe Carnival, recent} Necklace: {Bijoux Boutique, old}

 
This may be my favorite OOTD EVER!!! I love this combo of Mint + Peach!
Mint Coat: {Old Navy steal, here} Peach Top, Black Denim & Statement Necklace: {Versona Accessories, read more below on my whole shopping trip} Flats: {Cato Fashions, old, steal for $6!}
 
 
Snow Day One: Tuesday, February 17th

 
Same story another day...Snow Day Two: Tuesday, February 24th
Not Pictured, Snow Day Three: Thursday, February 26th - much worse than any of the first two...too cold to take picture from patio with no electricity!


Tucker's Grooming: Before & After
He always looks so much sweeter and innocent with his hair cut so short...he probably gets away with more and extra treats!
 

 
This was pre-haircut, resting with his pig. About this toy pig...DON'T buy it! While it has been the only toy he hasn't destructed within 30 seconds flat, it is so annoying. Anytime I'm talking on the phone the other person can always here it.  #soembarrassing  My sweet Nana gifted him two little chickens like this (from Walmart) for Christmas and they make my ears bleed compared to this pig so stay clear! FYI!
 
Now, onto my next and last favorite(s)...my shopping trip to Versona! I discovered this store last year when we moved to Raleigh and if you've been reading for very long around here you know my absolute LOVE for this store. Hence why I haven't been for at least 8 months...I would literally buy the entire store! And guess what? It is owned by the same corporation as my hometown favorite, Cato Fashions. It is a younger, trendier, more boutique version but with the same low price point! My dressing room always looks like this when I go there:
 
 
I wasn't planning on a trip but after having my 4Runner inspected on Saturday I honestly missed the exit to go home and found myself turning around at the stoplight where Versona was! I swear this was not planned! I wasn't looking for anything in particular but a dress for Easter has been in the back of my mind. Not like I need one by any means but it's my southern roots ya'll!

 
I had stopped in briefly, 10 minutes before the store closed, a couple of weeks ago when Trav and I were on date night eating at the steakhouse across the street. I fell in love with the top above, but in a fuchsia color. Well, when I went back this time the peach was calling my name and I was in LOVE with the fit and drape of this top!
 
I have also been on the lookout for a pair of black denim. NY&CO failed me during their semi-annual pant event and when I saw one pair laying on the clearance table for a whopping $15 and in my size I grabbed them. And...I LOVE them too!
 

I also loved both of these printed tops but not for their $30-$35 price tag...until next time.
 
 
This skirt Ya'll! I have seen similar ones all over Pinterest and while I didn't take it home...I might be going back for it closer to Spring/Summer! It's only $30!!!
 
 
These were the only two dresses I tried on. The black and white print stuck out to me and would be great for business professional attire...ummm..HELLO...I look like I'm headed to the club! The struggle to find appropriate hem lines when you're over 6 feet tall is real!
 
The blue lace dress comes in many different pastels and neutrals for spring. I loved the blue and had spotted it when I was there "looking" a couple of weeks ago. I liked it okay but it was just too short to where to Church for Easter, especially with it's $50 price tag. But, the more I look at the pic above the more I love it so I don't know...stay tuned I guess!

 
After hitting the dressing room I hit the jewelry clearance tables. Versona's jewelry selection is like no other. It's like a Charming Charlie on steroids! I snagged the peach and purple statement necklace for $8 & the pearl tassel for $6! Hello bargains!  All in all, my Versona shopping trip came in at under $60! I think I did well and it was an unusual splurge for myself.
 
Well those were my many favorites over the past week and a half or so. Sorry it was so long...that was really two posts in one! Happy Friday Ya'll!!!


 
 


1 comment:

  1. Cute clothes and you look beautiful in them! I think everyone has a snow day picture too. Unless you live in Hawaii! Stopping by from Friday Favorites Party.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10