Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Valentine's Day Chocolate Heart Brownie Recipe

As promised, I'm sharing my go-to Valentine's Day dessert recipe: the Hugs 'N" Kisses  Heart Brownie!
 
Travis & I just celebrated our 10th Valentine's day together. I've been making this brownie since our 2nd or 3rd one and it's a pretty great one! I originally found it through a simple google search and have been coming back to it year after year.
 
 
Ingredients:
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13x9 family size)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups white chocolate chips, divided
- 16 milk chocolate kisses
- 16 striped, white chocolate hugs kisses
- 1-1/2 teaspoons shortening

 
Directions:
1. Mix together brownie mix, egg, oil and water until fully blended. Add 1 cup white chocolate chips and stir together.

 
2. Grease a 9-in. heart-shaped pan. Preheat oven to 350F.

 
3. Pour brownie batter into heart shaped pan and bake for 45-50 minutes (if using 9x13 family size brownie mix).

 
4. In the meantime, dump rest of chocolate kisses into bowl for "snacking."

 
5. Let cool for at least 10 minutes or your chocolates will melt! Unwrap your kisses during this time and melt your 1/2 cup white chocolate chips with the shortening. I mixed mine in a microwave safe bowl alternating 30 second periods and stirring in between.

 
6. Drizzle brownie with white chocolate and place hugs 'n' kisses around the outer rim of the brownie, in any patter that you like. I've made it with all white chocolate kisses before and that is delicious (if you love white chocolate like me!).

 
The finished product!

 
Yummy!
 
What's your favorite go-to recipe for Valentine's Day?
 
Follow me on Facebook, Instagram, & Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10