Monday, March 30, 2015

Life Lately: Savannah

 
This past week brought to an end a crazy long stint of back to back to back conferences for me. Don't get me wrong, it was exciting and fun, but also nerve wracking and exhausting. I'm glad to be home for longer than 2 days in a row. That is, until we pack up later this week to head back to Kentucky for Easter!
 
 
I left Tuesday morning for Savannah, GA. It was a 5 hour drive and the weather was beautiful! I jammed with the sunroof open and it was glorious! The picture above is Oglethorpe Square, right behind my hotel. If you've never been to Savannah before, it is made up of over 20 squares that are like mini parks with benches, little gardens and usually a statue or fountain.

 
My scenic walk to the conference on Wednesday morning.

 
My presentation went very, very well! Lunch at a café down the street from the hotel.

 
It was delicious!

 
This picture cracks me up! I was missing my hubs and little Tucker so much. I asked Travis to send me a picture of them both and this is what I got. Tucker is mid attack yawn and it is hilarious!

 
Before heading home on Thursday, I took a long walk back to the hotel to pause and take in the sights.

 
This house was gorgeous, as are almost all of them in Savannah. I saw this one all lit up at night after dinner and it was even more gorgeous!

 
The entrance to an old cemetery.

 
Walking by the cemetery. I didn't have time to go in and walk around and read the historic signs. I had a UK game to get home to watch!

 
Beautiful church with twin steeples.

 
"Shew...cheering on the CATS is wearing me out!" - Tucker

 
Supporting the CATS before the Notre Dame game on Saturday!
 
White Denim: {JC Penney, old} Tank: {Old Navy, old} Leopard Sweater: {Macy's} Scarf: {?? vacation somewhere} Flats: {Old Navy outlet, old}

 
Fresh highlights and messy waves on Saturday afternoon! I have finally found the sweetest stylist who gives me exactly what I'm looking for here in Raleigh! It was so hard to switch from my hair gal in KY who is one of my childhood friends and has been doing my hair for the past decade. I love her to death but I just couldn't make the long distance hair thing work.
 
Sunday was spent resting and recovering from a bit of a bug I seem to have picked up during my travels. Ready to take on the new work week, tackle my to do list, and motivate myself to get back into the chamber for testing before a long weekend at home for Easter!

 
Stay tuned for a Diaper Cake: How To on the blog later this week! My first attempt and I think the finished product turned out perfectly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10