Friday, April 24, 2015

Friday Favorites

Sorry for the brief blogging hiatus. The past week and a half has unfortunately been very eventful, but not in a good kind of way. I'm catching up today with some of my favorites from the past week and I will admit it is hard to call some of them "favorites."

1. Game of Thrones Premiere


Game of Thrones season 5 premiered a couple of Sunday nights ago and it is definitely one of my top FAVORITE shows! I've been reading the book series over the past year and am currently in the beginning of the third book.


Although I'm behind in the books per the series, there is so much more information in the books that you don't pick up on the show. Here I am reading on the airplane. More on my trip below.

2. Floral Style Challenge & Weekly Wardrobe

There was a floral style challenge on Instagram last week. I participated the first few days.


Bright Florals

Top: {so old I cannot even begin to remember...one of my favorites though} Sweater: {The Limited, old} Chinos: {NY&CO} Flats: {Walmart, old}


Black & White Florals

This pairing is one of my all time FAVORITES and was super popular over on Instagram!

Top: {Versona Accessories} Pants: {Elder Beerman, old} Flats: {Cato Fashions} Necklace: {Bijoux Boutique, old}

 
Casual Florals
 
Floral Sweatshirt: {H&M} Denim: {NY&CO} Flats: {Walmart}


Happy Friday Eve!

Striped Tunic: {H&M, old} Denim: {NY&CO, old} Jacket: {J Crew, old} Rain Booties: {J Crew} Scarf: {can't remember}


FRIYAY!

This peach + teal tear drop necklace is definitely one of my FAVORITES!
Top: {Marshalls, old} Pants: {Marshalls, old} Tennis Shoes: {Target, old} Necklace: {Bijoux Boutique, old}

3. Family Time


The hubs & I went to our local Mexican joint last Thursday night since we had a coupon. We had to buy dessert in order to use the coupon so that didn't really make sense but oh well! This bad boy was pretty delicious but dinner with my hubs is always a FAVORITE of mine.

 
Master's Graduation May 2014

Family time is always one of my FAVORITES but not under recent circumstances. My sweet, sweet Papaw is currently in hospice care back in Kentucky. He has been very ill and on dialysis for the past two years. Quite honestly, it was a miracle that he made it to my wedding and I am so blessed for the time I have had with him, especially recently. He, along with my Nana and doctors, decided to stop dialysis almost two weeks ago but he is still fighting.

Last Friday, I came home mid-afternoon to grade exams from my couch while catching up on my DVR. Unfortunately, a suspicious man decided he would like to come into my apartment shortly after I arrived home. Thankfully I had locked the door up tight but he still persisted. A short heart attack, 911 call, and grabbing a gun later, the police were at my door and I was in shock!!! A few hours after the incident, the emotions of what happened caught up to me and I fell apart. I was longing to be home to see my grandfather one last time and I was on edge in my own home no matter how much my husband assured me that I was safe. My sweet parents did not even hesitate and flew me home to Kentucky on Saturday morning.


Nana & Papaw at our Wedding, December 2013

While home, I was able to see my Papaw and visit with him during such a difficult time. He was the same old Papaw, not a single complaint, trying to make others laugh, and calling me "Meme" just like he always has. I have peace that God is carrying him through this difficult time physically and emotionally. I am so thankful God blessed me with the most godly grandparents and parents I could have asked for.


It never gets old seeing the rolling green hills of Kentucky from the air. Absolutely a FAVORITE from the past week.

4. Shopping with Mom

Being home was also a good distraction for my parents who have a lot on their shoulders taking care of three farms while family members are sick and in the hospital. My Mom and I rarely get to spend time alone together and this was a blessed time to eat, talk, and shop.




This denim tunic from Target is one of my FAVORITE pieces we picked up over the weekend. I wore it Monday with black leggings (#hellotallgirlproblems) and cowboy style boots. Definitely a great outfit combo! I can't wait to show you all our Macy's deals, Target finds, and Cato Fashions steals!

5. Lunch with my Nephew

 
On Monday, I visited my second Momma, Janet at the local elementary school. My sweet little nephew, Carson, is in her Kindergarten class. I had lunch with them both! Carson is so funny and is becoming such a big boy. His maturity surprised me and I enjoyed this one-on-one time with him that is so rare since we moved to NC.
 
It was also great to spend time with Janet. I never shared on the blog before because I wasn't sure how to, but Janet lost her husband Mark, who was also like a second parent, last September on my 24th birthday. Their son and my younger brother have been attached at the hip since preschool, along with Janet and my Mom, and Mark and my dad. I was the daughter they never had and the majority of my best childhood memories include them. It was such a blessing to see Janet and love on her.
 
Growing old and moving away is tough stuff and I was so thankful for this sweet break in my normal busy schedule and routine to spend time with family and loved ones. That is what really matters in life!
 
6. These 2 Cuties
 
And, I have to end on a happy note so here is my last FAVORITE: these 2 cute pups!
 

Sweet little Tucker, of course! He was a little sad that Momma left him with Papa (Travis) while she flew home to KY! He was soooooo excited to pick me up at the airport Tuesday night.

 
And this is Daisy Mae making her internet debut! This is my Mom and Dad's dog that we saved from the pound when I was in high school. She's such a sweetie and definitely enjoyed the private attention without little Tucker there to take it away.

Whew! What a long post! Next time I'll try not to take such a long break. But, life happens and I'm trying to soak up every second, good and bad.


1 comment:

  1. That first floral shirt is too cute!!!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10