Monday, April 13, 2015

Life Lately

It's Monday so I'm recapping our family's happenings over the last week.
 
 
We traveled back from Kentucky all day long last Monday. The 8 hour drive is always much longer coming back home to North Carolina. Tucker is accurately summing up how we felt when we got home and a few days after.

 
This little guy is so sweet and cute! On Tuesday, I had a couple of meetings and observations at a neighboring collegiate institution. I'm excited for potential opportunities that may be coming my way there!

 
Top: {Versona Accessories} Denim: {NY&CO} Flats: {Marshall's, old} Necklace & Bracelet: {Bijoux Boutique, old}
 
I finally got my act together on Thursday and started taking outfit photos in the morning. I'm LOVING this peach top for spring right now! It's such a fun pop of color!

 
We spent a lot of nights doing this...watching tv and resting, trying to recover from our non stop 4 day weekend. By Thursday night I was well recouped and off to a work/family dinner.

 
Top: {Marshalls, Michael Kors, old} Denim: {Macy's, old} Blazer: {Marshalls, Cynthia Rowley, old} Flats: {Target, old}
 
Friday, I wound up looking very NC State-ish with my red, black and white, which was not planned. It just sort of happened.

 
My sweepy little boy on Sunday morning. He loves to wake me and his Poppa up in the early morning hours all so he can go out to the living room and fall back asleep within half an hour.

 
Saturday morning I made cinnamon roll waffles. It was my first time trying this simple recipe. I had a can of cinnamon rolls on hand and I love to use my waffle maker. This was much quicker than baking cinnamon rolls in the oven. And the hubs helped me whip up the icing, using what comes in the can, while I was fixing the waffles. It is very easy and uses ingredients already on hand (milk, vanilla extract, and powdered sugar). They were so YUMMY!!! I made the whole can so we had breakfast Sunday morning too. They were just as good heated up on the second day.

 
Saturday I switched out my closet, which is a huge feat in itself, then I was off to run some errands and spend a lovely 2 hours at the dealership getting my vehicle serviced. It was a nice time to sit and read though!

 
Just like I can't stop wearing that peach top, I also can't stop wearing this purple kimono! It is one of my absolutely favorite pieces in my spring/summer closet. I paired it with a simple black lace t-shirt dress and the same tear drop necklace for church on Sunday morning.
 
It was a wonderful morning of worship and hearing about the conversion of Saul to Paul. God's grace is evident in every testimony and there is no testimony to small, original, or "normal." It got me thinking about my own testimony and how I often write it off as not worth telling because it doesn't have a dramatic hook. But God continuously reminds me of his grace and how great it is. I felt God laying it on my heart to share my testimony on the blog. I will definitely be working on that soon!

 
After church we headed out to the NC state fairgrounds. They have an indoor/outdoor flea market every weekend, all year round, with food trucks and homemade ice cream. We hadn't made it out there yet this year and yesterday was the perfect day for it. It was warm, but not hot, and there were lots of vendors/food options. I'm all about the food options! We had the best pizza and I went back for a scoop of oreo ice cream. It was a fun lunch/afternoon with my handsome man.
 
Today it's back to work on my preliminary research proposal. My prelim oral defense is coming up 3 weeks from tomorrow so wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10