Thursday, April 30, 2015

Life Lately

We've almost made it friends! It's Friday Eve! I'm recapping life lately for the McQuerry's.
 
 
Friday, April 24th
Paisley Kimono: {Target} Tassel Necklace: {Cato Fashions, similar} Denim: {NY&CO, old} Flats: {Target, old}
 
Banana Republic had an amazing sale going on last Friday night. I rarely ever go to the mall, let alone actually look around but the hubs took me out to the Cheesecake Factory and we browsed while waiting for table. We were walking by Banana Republic and he pointed out the sale sign "50% off already reduced prices." Ummm.hello...that was calling our names so we popped in. Here's what I tried on:
I decided to splurge a bit and snag that white V-neck sweater on the far left. It was $40 on sale, with an additional 50% off...so yeah...it was pricey to me. But this sweater has been everywhere this past fall/winter. It is super on trend, super comfy, and I loved the fit/silhouette. It was a no brainer!
 
This past Saturday was prom night in our small hometown back in Kentucky. I dug up our old prom pics and decided to share. We went three years in a row: Travis' senior prom, my junior prom, and my senior prom.
 
 
 
Prom 2006

 
Prom 2007
 
Let's all take a moment of silence for this gigantic, lilac cupcake dress. Ya'll at the time, I was in LOVE with this dress. No, that's an understatement, I starved myself for this dress. I could not eat dinner or take a breath. At the time, I thought it was so worth it. Now...what the heck was I thinking?!

 
Prom 2008
 
Sunday, we headed out in the afternoon to check out handguns at Gander Mountain. I've decided to get my concealed carry license after recent events (i.e. man trying to break into our apartment while I was home alone...yikes!). Obviously I looked very intimidating and like I know a ton about guns in this getup below. Pretty sure the salesman was laughing inside at me.

 
Sunday, April 26th
Kimono: {Cato Fashion, just $9.99 clearance} Top: {Walmart, old} Necklace: {Versona } Denim: {NY&CO, old} Boots: {DSW}
 
And clearly, we have our selfie game down...or at least one of us does.

 
Tucker did not want the weekend to end. It was a late night toy party Sunday evening.
 

 
Sunday night, I got the bright idea at 6:00pm, that I should re-launch my jewelry website after taking a year off. Not like I have anything else going on in life right now...just prelim exams, journal articles, research, teaching/grading, and blogging so why not throw in a small business. Sounds like the perfect recipe for stress to me! I'm such a sucker!
 
Anyways, Bijoux Boutique will RELAUNCH this FRIDAY, MAY 1st at 12:00AM!! (or maybe a little before because I'll probably be asleep by then). You can follow this link then and it will take you to the updated webpage.
 
Here's a sneak peek at some of the new pieces! The fringe necklaces are already almost sold out!
 
 
Monday-Wednesday were spent slaving over my preliminary exam presentation which is coming up next Tuesday!!! Pray for me friends! I'm quite nervous about all the potential criticism that may come my way.
 
On Wednesday, we had a graduate student success celebration for the Mentoring and Teaching Practicum program I completed over the past academic year. It was wonderful, they had lots of ice cream, my sweet mentor took me to lunch before and attended with me, and I got a fancy certificate.
 
Wednesday night, like the procrastinators we are (more my husband...not me) we FINALLY went to Rush Hour Karting to use the groupon I bought for Valentine's Day. Yes, we waited until the very last day possible, before it expired, and I have to say it was kind of a dud. They rushed us in, we raced, I drove like the granny that I am, the hubs lapped everybody 3 times like the crazy competitor he is, and then it was over. We drove way out of the way too so maybe that's why I felt it wasn't worth it. At least we got it for 1/2 off through Groupon, but probably won't be doing that again anytime soon.
 
So cheers to the weekend! Mine will be spent practicing my hour long presentation, grading final exams, reading Game of Thrones, and prepping for the hubs' birthday next week! I'm ready for some R&R!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10