Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Trend Spin Linkup: Spring Dresses

What? What? An outfit post?! And a linkup?
 
I know. I know. It's been a while since I've done an official outfit post. March always tends to be a super busy month in the academic calendar and April isn't much better. I had some time this past weekend to actually shoot some outfit pics for the blog for the first time in a month.
 
The Trend Spin Linkup this week, hosted by Walking in Memphis in High Heels and The Fashion Canvas, is Spring Dresses. The first dress/look is what I wore to church this past Sunday. I love this simple black lace dress that can be worn almost all year round. I paired it with a bright spring kimono and statement necklace. I love this look! I felt so comfortable, polished, springy, and put together in just four simple pieces.
 
Outfit Formula: {Solid Color Dress + Printed Kimono + Flats/Sandals + Statement Necklace}
 


 
Black Lace Dress: {Marshalls, old} Kimono: {Francescas, old} Tear Drop Necklace & Bracelet: {Bijoux Boutique, old} Black Flats: {Target, old}
 
 
Since this week's theme is Spring Dresses, I wanted to share a couple others that I love. This was my Easter dress last weekend. I have had it a few years now. I found it on deep discount in the fall at Belk's when I traveled to Raleigh before I ever started my PhD here. I love the springy print and colors.

 
This was my second choice/option for Easter this year. I found this particular dress on clearance at JC Penney a couple of summers ago. I love it for spring as well! The pretty lace detail on top and the pink "tweed" like fabric are perfect for spring!
 
Well there you have it, my top spring dress picks from my real life closet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10