Friday, May 15, 2015

Friday Favorites

 
It's FRIYAY!!!...and I don't know about ya'll but this has been one stressful week for me. Between rescheduling my preliminary exam, my testing chamber breaking down, and being behind on our overall research project, it has all started to catch up to me. So, I'm linking up with Andrea, Erika, and Narci to recap my favorites from this week. I'm soooo looking forward to planting my behind at the pool the next couple of days!
 
1. I love participating in style challenges on Instagram, but the month long ones overwhelm me. My perfectionist personality kicks in and I think if I can't do all 30 days, what's the point. That's why my FAVORITES are Shannon's style challenges. They are weekly and I don't feel so bad if I can't participate one day, or one week, here or there. Plus, she is super creative and they're always fun! I love seeing how everyone else interprets the theme for the day!
 
 
This week was all about color blocking and I shared my Pinterest inspiration with you all in Monday's post. Here's a sneak peek of Monday's look, Teal & Yellow:
 
 
I'll recap all of this week's looks next Wednesday for WIWW.
 
And, if you want to participate, here's next week's style challenge:
 
 
2. My second FAVORITE this week was throwing Travis a little surprise birthday party at our apartment in Raleigh. I had purchased the gifts, décor, party supplies, and baking ingredients a few weeks ahead of time but we were unexpectedly out of town on the day of his birthday. So, I rushed home Monday afternoon and whipped this little party up in under 2 hours. It was like a marathon for icing cupcakes!
 
 
My FAVORITES were the yummy Mountain Dew Cupcakes, which we've gorged snacked on all week, and the candy bouquet. I love decorating, baking, and crafting! I might need a support group for my addiction :) If I come home with one more bag of dollar tree craft/décor items Trav is gonna kill me!
 
3. Watching movies has always been a FAVORITE of mine. I watched "The Other Woman" on HBO Monday night and it was pretty hilarious. If you have HBO, or HBO Go, and a free girls night...watch it. I literally LOL'd! I can't say the same though for the other movie I watched this week. Thanks to my sister-in-law's suggestion, I found "The Cleveland Abduction" on Lifetime.com and watched it over the course of two nights. It was quite intense and very saddening. There were a couple of parts that I couldn't watch. I had to turn away. I also watched the documentary online that follows the movie.
 
 
Then, thanks to an Insta-friend's suggestion, I purchased the book written by Amanda Berry and Gina DeJesus on Kindle. I started reading it last night and I'm already almost half way through. It's not a pleasant read but, WOW, these girls are amazing survivors. What they went through was beyond horrific but they maintained their faith and hope in a hopeless situation. I plan to read Michelle Knight's book as well.
 
4. And my all time Summer FAVORITE?! Pool Time!!! I got in my first little glimpse of pool time last night. The sun was virtually nonexistent by the time I got home and down to the pool but it was so nice to escape for a little while with a good book and music. That is where I plan to spend 95% of my weekend! Maybe I will do a summer pool bag post soon!
 
5. My final FAVORITE this week is teal nail polish. I am searching for the perfect teal color and I think I found it but I refuse to pay $10 for a bottle of nail polish. It was an Essie polish but I can't find the exact color online or remember the full name. It had the word "checkbook" in it but that's all I can remember...of course! Anyways, I tried an old OPI teal-ish color I had at home but it's too dark and shimmery. I'm probably going back for the shade I saw earlier this week. I'll let you know when I find it!
 
 
 
Well, that's a wrap folks! I hope you enjoy your weekend!
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10