Wednesday, May 13, 2015

What I Wore Wednesday

I'm catching up today on my last style challenge I participated in a couple of weeks ago on Instagram.
 
 
Preppy Chic - Pearls & Gingham
 
Gingham Button-Up: {JCP, old} Floral Accent Cardigan: {NY&CO, old} Denim: {NY&CO} Flats: {Walmart, old} Pearl Necklace: {Cato Fashions, similar}
 
 
Nautical Chic - Striped Boat Sweater & Gold Accents
 
V-Neck Sweater: {Banana Republic - STILL ON SALE} Cropped Pants: {Elder Beerman, old} Flats: {Target, old}

 
Sporty Chic - Denim on Denim + Sneakers
 
Jeweled Chambray Button-Up: {LOFT} Black Denim: {Versona} Sneakers: {Target, also love these}
 

 
Boho Chic - Denim Tunic & Crochet Vest
 
Denim Tunic*: {Target} Crochet Vest: {Cato Fashions, old} Leggings: {Kohls, old} Boots: {DSW, old}
 
*This "tunic" is really a dress but on my 6' frame it is most certainly a tunic as it bears parts of my legs that no one outside of my husband should ever lay eyes on...hence the leggings and "tunic." So if you are considering this, know it will most likely fit you like a normal dress.

 The last day, Friday, was Paris Chic. I didn't participate because I had scheduled a practice run of my preliminary exam (before it was postponed due to the passing of my grandfather). I was too busy making sure I looked professional, picking up doughnuts, and preparing my presentation to find something that also fit this theme. Better luck next time! 4 for 5 is pretty good!
 
I'm excited to show you my color blocking looks from this week, on the blog next week. So far, I'm 2/2!
 
Also, here's what I wore for a couple of outings while we were home last week:
 
 
I LOVE this dress! I've had it for about 3 years now and it's is SO fun!  It's super comfy and I love all the color and patterns. I scored it at Belk when I was visiting NC State for Six Sigma classes {for size reference, this dress is a size 6 and is plennttyyy long enough}. This was my favorite time wearing it to date because....THOSE SHOES...do you see those shoes?!
 
Gah...I'm in heaven in those heels! I scored these beauties (originally $150) on the 75% off clearance table at Macy's a few weeks back when I was out shopping with my Mom. We had an extra 25% off Friends and Family which made them a whopping $20!! They're gorgeous, they fit perfectly, are extremely comfortable, and make me feel so fab! The hubs wasn't super amused that I was almost as tall as he is (6'4") but he is a good sport about me wearing heels and is still, clearly, taller than me, even in heels. I'm sure you'll be seeing a whole lot more of these on the blog soon!

 
This picture doesn't do this outfit, or these pants, justice. I plan to do a full outfit post featuring these beauties soon! The best part? They're just $20 and you can shop them online! For size reference, I'm 6' tall and a medium is plenty long on me.
 
Here's to more outfit posts soon! Tomorrow I'm rounding up a post on the surprise birthday celebration I threw for Travis in NC earlier this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10