Friday, June 12, 2015

Friday Favorites

It's Friday Ya'll!!! I'm so excited for the fun stuff we have planned this weekend but first, a recap of my favorites from the past week:
 
1. Movie/Date Night
 
 
The hubs and I love going to North Hills village for dinner and a movie. Our new favorite is WhichWich. We headed over on Saturday night for sandwiches before and then picked up some candy for the movie. We saw Mad Max and it was definitely worth it to watch it in theater. If you haven't seen it, you should!
 
 
A quick snap of my full date night look. Hopefully coming to the blog soon!
 
2. Learning Calligraphy

 
My Mom gave me a calligraphy set for Christmas and I just broke it out last weekend. This was the very beginning of the basics. I got a few more letters in but then my pen started leaking ink all over! I mean my fingers, palms, wrists, and even neck (don't even ask me how) were covered! It was so much fun though so I'm hoping to pick it back up again soon, hopefully without anymore ink malfunctions!
 
p.s. if you are a talented calligrapher/drawer please don't critique this. I'm not talented in that area but I was impressing myself with how easy it was!
 
3. Little Tucker Allen
 
Of course Tucker is always one of my top favorites each week!
 
 
My sweet little "almost 2 year old" boy!

 
Looking out over the pool and patio at our apartment complex.

 
Playing with his new toy, "Captain Brown Beard."
 
4. Adjunct Lecturer at Meredith College

 
That's my name Ya'll! This might be the most exciting/favorite thing that happened this week!
 
Through a mentoring and teaching program I participated in last year, I built a relationship with a neighboring institution and their fashion merchandising program. I'm so happy to announce that I will be teaching there this fall as an adjunct lecturer!!!
 
I will be teaching the introductory Apparel Merchandising course for incoming freshmen. This won't be my first time teaching a collegiate course as the primary instructor but this feels so much more official. It's at a new, independent institution, separate from my graduate school. So you can imagine my surprise when I walked in for a meeting Tuesday morning and saw this #legit sign with my name on it!!! I'm so excited that I've already begun prepping my course materials and getting things ready for the fall!
 
What were your favorites from the week! Happy weekend to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10