Friday, June 19, 2015

Friday Favorites

It's Friday so I'm sharing my favorites from the past week:
 
1. Orange is the New Black!
 
 
 
Season 3 early streamed last Thursday night while we were babysitting for our friends. We got home about midnight and I may or may not have stayed up until 3am watching the first few episodes. I mean, it's not like I've been waiting a whole year for this new season after all! I've been working crazy hours at school the past few weeks so I took Friday off. I spent the day binge watching the rest of the entire season in one day!!! I know...let the Netflix shaming begin. But, I did prep for teaching my class this fall the majority of the time I was watching so, at least I was semi-productive.
 
2. Pool Dayzzz

 
Saturday, I spent the majority of the day right here. And it was glorious!!
 
3. Jurassic Park at the Drive-In

 
We drove a little ways outside of Raleigh to the "country" to check out the drive-in. We saw Jurassic World and it was great!
 
The only time Tucker actually spent laying down and being still was during the split second I took this photo. Note to self: next time go to an air conditioned, non-mosquito infested, dog free movie theater to enjoy the movie. Yeah, so maybe not a huge favorite!
 
4. Entertaining Friends
 
Our friends have had us over to their apartment at least a dozen times for dinner. We finally returned the favor this week! We don't have a formal dining area in our 700 sq. ft. apartment but we made do with the kitchen island, bar stools, and patio furniture. It was fun to finally have them over to see our place and Tucker had fun "playing" with their daughter.
 
5. And, maybe my biggest favorite of all, the research article I started writing this time last year, submitted earlier this winter, and went through two rounds of formal edits was FINALLY accepted for publication this week!! PTL!! Chapter Two of my dissertation....check! And so this is how I felt...for about all of 10 minutes....but I'll take it!

 
Happy Friday! What do you have planned for the weekend?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10