Thursday, July 23, 2015

Life Lately: Kentucky Trip & What I Wore

Sharing details from my life lately. It's been a busy and exciting month!
 
 
Attempting to work from home one afternoon. Tucker was motivating me to snuggle and take a nap.

 
Off to the flea market on a Saturday morning after watching too much Flea Market Flip on HGTV.

 
Saturday Outfit
{outfit details here}
 
 
Sunday Style
{outfit details here}

 
Airport ready for a research trip back to Kentucky for school. This striped LulaRoe Irma tunic is the perfect piece to travel in when paired with leggings, comfy sandals, and a long tassel necklace to pull it all together.

 
Airport Ready
 
 
After a couple of days of work-related tasks, I spent the rest of the week/weekend at home with my family. Mom and I checked out TJ Maxx after dinner one night. I was in love with all three of these pieces but, unfortunately, all 3 including the maxi dress were way too short! #tallgirlprobs

 
 I did find the perfect cut offs for summer at Old Navy and scored them for 50% off!

 
Spotted this fabulous cover up at Marshall's a couple of weeks ago and had to have it for my upcoming trip! Mom and I were out having a fun girls day on Saturday. We had our nails done, stopped at Cato Fashions, and also stopped in the local Hallmark store that had all summer merchandise marked 75% off! This beautiful blue tunic was just $10!

 
And these beach bags, originally $20 each, were just $5! I grabbed one for me and my friend for the beach!

 
At Catos, I found these palazzo pants (I know what you're thinking...another pair of palazzo pants...believe me, I understand I have an addiction and I'm okay with it) for $7 on clearance and the tunic for just $9!!!

 
Perfect colors for fall!

 
And these hats ya'll!!! I'm not a big hat person but these were way too cute and affordable to pass up!

 
Scored them both from Cato Fashions for $7 each! One for the beach and one for fall!

 
And also, these pairs of heels were $5!!! That's right! $5 a piece! They are perfect for teaching this fall!
 
 
Sunday Style
 
I switched out the ruffle back sleeveless tank for this quarter sleeve peach tunic and bright statement necklace from my shop, Bijoux Boutique.

 
How gorgeous are the colors and details in this necklace?! This picture doesn't do it justice!!

 
On Sunday afternoon, I went to our nephew's 7th birthday party.  It was lots of fun even though the weather didn't cooperate and meant for a speedy party.

 
He had a "Dukes of Hazzard" themed party. I found this personalized Dukes of Hazzard t-shirt from a small shop in Canada. Thankfully it arrived in the knick of time for the party.

 
 I also found the cutest little polo outfit at Marshall's. My husband has to make me stop because I love to buy for our nephews and niece. We don't have children of our own so besides them and our friends' kids, I don't get any opportunities to peruse the cute kids aisles.
 
 
I also snagged him a lunchbox and this cute water bottle at Marshall's. I used my Mom's Cricut to cut his name out and place on the bottle.

 
I took the professor I was traveling with, who had never been to Kentucky before, to a local Lexington chocolate shop. They had these cute career themed chocolate sets for just $5! I picked the Policeman theme out for our nephew because he loves to dress up like one. How cute is that little baton and badge! Then I had to resist the urge to eat it myself!
 
 
I was so glad to get back to my boys!! I think this little guy missed me...and needs a haircut!

 
And my hubs is so sweet! I may have mentioned to him that I had my eye on this tote at Target for the fall semester. I needed something bigger than what I currently have since I will be toting stuff (pun intended) back and forth between two campuses. I love that these totes are reversible. The bright yellow is perfect for spring/summer and the houndstooth is great for fall/winter.

 
It's finally official! I completed all of my paperwork and got my official id card on campus. I will be teaching at Meredith College (I know...Meredith at Meredith College) this fall! I'm so excited!!!
 
Well, that's life lately! I had so much fun spending time with my family while I was at home. I haven't had that kind of quality time with them since before the hubs and I got married and it was such a blessing. The bro and I hit the gym, binge watched HBO, and caught a movie. Mom and I got to have a fun girls day with lots of shopping, crafting, and getting our nails done. And of course, my Dad made sure I was stuffed with food 24/7 by always treating me to the best!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10