Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Trend Spin Linkup: Floppy Beach Hat

 I'm linking up with Walking in Memphis in High Heels and The Fashion Canvas today to share my favorite beach inspired look. I fell in love with this black and white floppy beach hat a couple of weeks ago when I spotted it on clearance for $8 at Cato Fashions. #IlikebighatsandIcannotlie
I couldn't decide which dress to pair it with so I'm showing you both.
 









 
Black Dress: {Marshalls, old} White Dress: {Ross, old} Wedges: {Cato Fashions, old} Bubble Necklace: {Bijoux Boutique, old} Hat: {Cato Fashions}
 
The first dress I thought of pairing with this hat was the short black lace one. However, my smart-alecky sweet husband, who always holds back his opinion (insert sarcasm) quickly told me I looked like I was going to a funeral. I don't what funerals he's been to but I haven't seen many people with a huge beach hat and 5" wedges...but OK! So I threw the strapless lace maxi on as well. I love this look and it is a bit more beach appropriate, but the black lace dress is still my favorite!
 
I'm off to the beach this week with my bestie and can't wait to wear this hat!!!

1 comment:

  1. Love your floppy hat! I wear mine all summer long to help protect my scalp for the sun. Love it worn with both dresses.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    Would love for you to stop by & join TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10