Thursday, September 24, 2015

DIY: Fall Wreath

Another season...another wreath around here! I love making wreaths for any occasion but I especially love fall and the décor that comes with it. I think Halloween may be my second favorite holiday, behind Christmas, thanks to all of the fun colorful décor!
 
But, before we get to Halloween decor, I want to share with you a simple, new wreath I made for fall.
 
Last year I made this wreath with leftover burlap and leopard ribbon plus I picked up some orange to make it pop for fall. I found the perfect sign to hang in the middle from Hobby Lobby:
 
 
This wreath is still one of my very favorites and is hanging on our front door again this year.
 
I noticed last weekend I had plenty of orange burlap, regular burlap, and this black and white gingham burlap left over from projects past. I also had an extra wreath form laying around and a black "M" I had picked up at a craft store last year. I decided to make a small fall wreath to hang on our storage door out on the patio.

 
Here are my supplies (all leftovers/extras I already had on hand):
-medium size wreath form
-extra plain burlap
-1.5 rolls of orange burlap
-extra black and white gingham burlap
-small size "M" black monogram letter
-black wire

 
And WAH-La!
 
I started with the plain burlap as the foundation. I didn't have very much of it so I only made 2-3 loops per wreath section. Next, I added lots of the orange burlap as filler since I had 1.5 rolls. Lastly, I wove the gingham burlap through the middle to fill in any holes.

 
I finished it by looping black wire through the hooks on the "M" and tying it off around the wreath hanger.
 
This is one of the simpler wreaths I've made but definitely another favorite for fall. The best part, it cost me $0 because I used supplies I already had on hand!
 
Stay tuned next week for a fun new deco mesh Halloween wreath! I can't wait!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10