Monday, September 21, 2015

Dressing Room Diaries: Versona Birthday Shopping Trip

Today I'm recapping my latest Versona shopping trip that I took for my birthday!
 
Here's what I took to the dressing room:
 


 
I am definitely coming back for this floral/leopard print, bell sleeve dress! It is perfect for fall but the hem length wasn't long enough for everyday work/school wear. I'm thinking I need this for Fall pics/Thanksgiving. The bell sleeves are my favorite! It was still full price so I'm hoping that might come down a bit. For size reference, I am wearing a size 8 in the photo above. It fit perfectly and TTS.

 
Next, I tried on this navy dress with peasant collar and sleeve detailing. Again, the length on this just wasn't working for me. I saw myself wearing this to work and school to teach in but it was too short. For size reference, I tried on a Large hoping for extra length.

 
Finally, an appropriate length hemline. I've been searching for a denim dress all year. I found a tunic back in the spring from Target that I loved but wasn't long enough to be a dress (on me...I'm 6'0 tall). This dress was a favorite and perfect for dressing up or keeping it casual. For size reference, I'm wearing a medium and it was TTS.

 
Another favorite, especially for fall and Thanksgiving! Loved this dress but full price was over $60 and I don't have a specific occasion for this item at the moment. However, I'm thinking it would be perfect for the hubs' annual company Christmas party. Probably going back! For size reference, I'm wearing an 8 and it fit TTS. Also, this dress comes in plenty of other fall/winter colors!

 
I spotted this tunic/sweater combo hanging together on the mannequin and loved the casual laid back feel that was still appropriate for work/school. The tunic actually has the side slits up the middle that come to the waist so I wouldn't feel comfortable wearing it without pants, even with this sweater! I decided I didn't need the sweater ($35 full price) but the tunic was reasonably priced ($25) and perfect for Fall! I'll show you how I've worn this a few times already on Wednesday. For size reference, I'm wearing a Medium in both pieces.

 
Next, I spotted this Marsala (think plum, red wine color) which is the color of the year and perfect for fall. This tunic is not meant to be worn as a dress ...at least not on me...and it has an asymmetrical hemline which I love. I wanted to be able to wear this with leggings alone so I grabbed a size up for extra length. See how I styled this on Wednesday's post.

 
Finally, the second Marsala colored tunic and this GORG-eous floral skirt. I tried these on together because I didn't have a pant option to go with the tunic or a top option for the skirt. I wouldn't actually wear these two pieces together although they do kind of work.

 
Here is the tunic untucked for your reference. I was trying to decide between the two Marsala colored tunics and ultimately went with the previous one because of its longer length and more comfortable fabric.

 
While I loved the skirt I had no idea where I would wear it so I decided to put it back for now. For size reference, I'm wearing a Medium in both of these pieces.

 
Here is what I decided against. I'm definitely coming back for the first and last dresses in this picture!

 
And here's what came home with me: the Marsala tunic, olive striped tunic, and denim dress. I also snagged a cute fringe crossbody bag on sale for $8 and a pair of leopard sneaks for $10! Check back on Wednesday to see how I've styled all of these items so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10