Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Easter 2016

We just got home from a super fun-filled, but very short weekend in Kentucky celebrating that Jesus is Alive!! Our trip was a bit shorter this year due to my research trials. We headed out Friday afternoon and didn't arrive until very late that night so Saturday and Sunday were chalk full of fun.


I'm in LOVE with this printed top from Cato Fashions! I love the colors, print, white fringe detail, v-shape hem, shoulder cut outs (see pic below), and smocked neckline...should I go on?! If those weren't enough reasons to convince you to add this item to your closet, it was only $19.99, full price! 

P.S. This is the only outfit pic I snapped all weekend...I know...I'm slacking! I was having too much fun to think about taking photos!


He's my favorite person!! (And he HATES that phrase ;)

This photo also shows more details of the top above! It paired perfectly with white denim skinnies and a white bubble necklace!!


Dinner with the In-Laws to celebrate the BIL's birthday!


Easter Sunday

This is not the original dress I had planned to wear for Easter. My original plan was to wear this beauty I found on vaca at Marshall's last summer:


But Mom & I did a little shopping and I found this gorgeous dress at Cato Fashions. I didn't have time to try it on in the store and wasn't sure if I would like it. I LOVE it!! It is so flattering and the sleeve details are my fave!! Thankfully my white jewelry I packed matched perfectly and I found that pair of white wedge sandals in the back of my closet still new with tags! 

{Eeek...I have too many clothes...said no girl ever!}


Easter Sunday with my Little Bro


#PoloTwins ...and no...this was not planned. All my brother needs is a beard!


The hubs' cutest little cousin...she is a doll!


Our youngest nephew scoring all of the eggs at the first hunt of the day. I brought my Canon Rebel to take pics. I only* (insert eye roll here) took 60 pictures...and these are not my kids...heaven help me when we have children of our own! I will need two memory cards per holiday!


My handsome hubs...he looks good in UK blue!


Our nephews...Trevor will soon be a Senior in high school (cannot believe it!) and Carson will be a big 2nd grader! 


Stealing selfies during the third egg hunt of the day!

Right after this picture we rushed off for our last dinner with my parents, brother, and grandmother. Unfortunately, I totally forgot to get pics... :(


Poor little Tucker...he got a little left out this year we were so busy. So at almost midnight we snapped a pic in our bunny ears and pjs.

With all of the candy, egg hunts (for cash even!), Easter baskets, bunny ears, toys, dressy outfits, and delicious food, it is very easy to lose sight of WHY we gather with family and friends to celebrate. Believe me, I am the first one to admit that I love some of the secular traditions placed around this sacred day. But, Easter should not be the only day of the year that we celebrate our Savior's death and resurrection. For us as Christians, it should be something we praise the Lord for each and every day.

"Jesus paid it all. All to him I owe. Sin had left a crimson stain, He washed it white as snow."

Happy {belated} Easter friends! I pray you all know Jesus as your personal Father, Lord, and Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10