Tuesday, June 21, 2016

PhD Celebrations!!!

The hubs and I celebrated the completion of my PhD the best way we know how...getting all fancied up for food!!


We headed out that evening to dinner and a movie. One of our favorite places to get an excellent steak is Firebirds...delicious! And it happens to be conveniently located next to the movies...my favorite!!


My friends and fellow PhD'ers were not kidding when they said you literally can't wipe the smile off your face!

 

The hubs surprised me with a big balloon and the most beautiful flowers!


I am absolutely in love with the dress I defended my dissertation in!


It's absolutely gorgeous!! The most beautiful blue, pretty pattern, softest fabric, with pockets and  it made me feel so fancy and confident! It is LuLaRoe and thanks to my friend who is now a distributor I can't wait to add even more Amelia dresses to my closet!


My favorite color blue...Kentucky blue!!


The celebrations continue as I try to enjoy this brief pause in the summer. I am still working at NC State full time as I finish up my assistantship and complete the final edits of my dissertation. But I'm trying to take time here and there to sit back and enjoy my accomplishments for once!








No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10