Sunday, July 17, 2016

What I Wore: Destin Vacation

So I promised I would do a specific vacation recap on what I wore in Destin...and here it is!! Only 2 months late! Better late than never I guess! 

Night #1 in Tallahassee after driving 9 hours straight. This was Travis' actual birthday so once we settled in, we changed and headed out to celebrate.


Shorts/Top/Heels: Cato Fashions

My Mom gifted me a couple of pairs of these lace shorts from Cato Fashions for Christmas that she had found on clearance (scroll down to see). I wanted needed a cream colored pair to go with this top and they were on clearance online. These heels, however, were not but at $25 full price they were still a deal! And I have definitely gotten my monies worth out of them. I wear them all the time! They are super comfy, stylish, and go with everything.


Monogrammed Crossbody: Wholesale Boutique (email me if interested in purchasing: academicaccessories@gmail.com)

Night #2 in Tallahassee after a LONG day of apartment hunting!


Denim: JC Penney / Peplum Top: Francesca's / Kimono: Marshall's / Necklace: Versona Accessories / Heels: Cato Fashions

On Monday, we were off to take care of business. I had meetings at FSU with HR and the hubs had an interview with a local real estate agency.


Pants/Top/Necklace: Cato Fashions / Sandals: Payless / Monogrammed Purse: Southern Monogramming Etsy Shop / Monogrammed Acrylic Bracelet: Wholesale Boutique


Once we finished up with our responsibilities in Tallahassee, we made the 2 hour drive to Destin for vacation to officially begin! First stop on my list? McGuire's of course! I threw on this easy breezy dress for the best dinner ever!


Dress: Marshall's


First beach day I had to break out my new cover up from Wholesale Boutique!


My matching monogrammed hat also came from WB.


I ordered my hat to match this #fab bikini (the back is even better) from Target. (Please don't mind the worst sunburn of my life...OUCH! Positive I had sun poisoning from this. #wearyoursunscreenkids)


Told ya the back was even better! I LOVE this bikini! It's unique, the colors are my favorite, and the top provides great support!

Night #2 I dressed up a teal pair of lace shorts for the Harborwalk Village.


Shorts/Heels: Cato Fashions / Top: Marshall's / Necklace: Simple Addiction


This cute monogrammed bandeau top was another score from Wholesale Boutique that paired perfectly with black and white striped bikini bottoms from Target (not pictured) and this floppy hat from Walmart with the cutest bow!


Shorts/Necklace: Cato Fashions / Tank: Marshall's / Crossbody: Francesca's

This picture isn't the best quality but this is the other pair of lace shorts that are an orange/red rust color. They were perfect for putt putt!



Skirt: Versona Accessories / Top: Marshall's / Sandals: Payless 

I was dying to wear this super cute blush pink, scallop, button front skirt! It is perfection...or WAS perfection...til I spilled BBQ sauce on it. It was good BBQ though...and the stain came out...so it was worth it.


This cute red and blue polka dot bikini top is paired with red and blue striped bottoms. I scored this two-piece at the J Crew factory sale at the NC fairgrounds back this spring for just $15! It matched perfectly with my monogrammed trucker's hat. #ilovematching


On our last night, we snapped a few pics on the white sandy beach! I wore this simple white lace strapless dress I wore on our honeymoon almost 3 years ago (my how time flies).


Dress: Marshall's


Then I made a quick change because major sunburn = freezing your butt off in restaurants at night! I threw these lace shorts on again with the same black tank, turquoise necklace, and monogrammed bag from earlier on in the week. Paired it with this Francesca's kimono for warmth!

We had a blast on vacay and I had a fun time putting together looks for the beach and for night's out on the town! Hopefully, with our move to Florida, we will be seeing a whole lot more of Destin and the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10