Sunday, December 11, 2016

McQuerry Adventures: Thomasville, Georgia

*Disclaimer: First blog post in almost four months! (insert monkey covering eye emoji here)

Life has been a whirlwind the past few months but I'm happy to say I have (almost) survived my first semester as an Assistant Professor! More on that later, but for now, I'm getting caught up on previous posts. So let's go back to August when the hubs and I explored the quaint little town of Thomasville, Georgia for a fun Saturday trip!



Pebble Hill Plantation




In love with the Spanish moss!





Stables


Old Dairy Barn turned Carriage House


My favorite was the dairy barn that was left in its original state.



Gardens


Family Cemetery


We discovered such neat connections to the family who owns this plantation! They happen to own a horse farm (Shawnee Run) in our hometown where my FIL works.


Kentucky horse show awards


After Pebble Hill, we headed downtown to explore the super cute town square full of great restaurants and unique shops.


Thomasville Court House
Designed by the same architect as Pebble Hill Plantation home.



The Big Oak


Can you see us?!


Thomasville was like a little town straight out of a movie. We have already been back several times for more Sweet Grass Dairy and cupcakes! We still have to try Jonah's!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10