Sunday, January 22, 2017

Guest Room/Office

When we moved to Tally, we knew we needed a second bedroom. After living in a 677 sq. ft., one bedroom/one bath apartment for the last 3 years, we knew we wanted a little more space. Well, we definitely got it with our new apartment in Tallahassee!

We have 1200 sq. ft., two large bedrooms, and two large bathrooms, plus a HUGE kitchen and spacious living room. Not to mention the walk-in closet of my dreams...all to myself!! Many perks in the new apartment!

My favorite room to decorate has been the additional second bedroom. For now, it serves multiple purposes as a guest bedroom, my office, and a home for all things girly. We also had to place our largest dresser from our bedroom suite in this room. Although the bedrooms are larger overall, they're about a foot narrower and our really heavy, thick bedroom furniture wouldn't all fit in the master. 

I have thoroughly enjoyed creating a super girly space that fills up my creative cup. I don't work from home very often but I do a lot of work at nights and over the weekend so this is my quiet space.


I've been waiting to share photos of this room until I felt it was totally "done." But, I'm not sure it ever will be. I'd like to add some fun wall art above the bed and I definitely still have a few holes to fill in the gallery wall above the desk. But that's the fun of this room! 


The dresser from our bedroom suite basically takes up this entire wall! I love our bedroom suite. It is so beautiful but it is also sooo big and sooo incredibly difficult to move!!


Desk: Ikea // Ghost Chair: At Home // Cart: Ikea // Lamp: Target // Pillow: At Home // Curtains: Walmart


My Mom made the most fabulous initial monogram for my desk chair!



Wooden Monogram: Wholesale Boutique // Starburst Mirrors: Target // Lampshade: Target // Macaroon Print: Hobby Lobby // Popsicle Print/Bowtie Print/High Heels Print: History in High Heels Blog // Block Wall Sayings: Hobby Lobby // High Heel Wallpaper Print: Gifted 


Gold Quartrefoil Side Tables: Hobby Lobby // Frame: Hobby Lobby // Plastic File Folder: Marshall's 

My Mom also made a cute lime green circle monogram for my file folder to match my gray/lime green folders.


Comforter/Pillowcases: Target // Sheets: Bed, Bath & Beyond // Faux Fur Pillow/Sparkle Pillow/Gold Dot Pillow: Target // Kentucky Pillow/Pineapple Pillow: Gifted // Pom-Poms: Target

These super cute pom-poms were a recent find in the Target Dollar Spot. I LOVE them! The hubs, not so much. If these pom-poms are wrong, I don't want to be right! 


Garment Rack: Ikea // Faux Fur Rug: Ikea // Wall Hanging: Made by my Mom 

I love planning my weekly outfits using this simple and cute garment rack I picked up at Ikea for less than $10!


Planner: Erin Condren // Pens: Target // Mousepad: Wholesale Boutique 


I've always wanted a place to display lots of picture frames!

Frames: Gifts, Hobby Lobby, Marshall's, TJ Maxx, Home Goods, Walmart




In the far corner, there is a matching gold side table with a teal Pillowfort lamp from Target & my trusty old manikin! She fits right in in this room!


AND How gorgeous does this necklace look on her?

This room makes my inner girly-girl SOO happy! Hopefully I can enjoy it like this for as long as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10